Interested in promoting Don’t Compost It, Cook It and making a little extra cash at the same time?
Were you inspired by Don’t Compost It, Cook It: How to Make the Most Out of Nothing in the Kitchen? Would you like to share it with others? Sing up as an affiliate! Every time someone buys a copy, you will earn part of the profits.
By signing up for the affiliate program, you’ll earn 33% of any sales that are made after someone clicks on your unique link. It’s completely free to sign up, and you can use your unique link to promote Don’t Compost It, Cook It via your blog or website, email, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter account.
Here are the basic instructions for grabbing your affiliate code.
1. Click here to go to the E-junkie website. Enter your email and a password to register an account. A code will be emailed to you so you can activate your account.
2. Enter the code and activate your account.
3. You will see a required profile settings page. Enter your PayPal email to receive your payments through PayPal. (If you do not have a PayPal account, I can arrange to mail you a money order after your account reaches $20.)
4. Now click on “Affiliate Admin” at the top of the page, then “Get Affiliate Code” on the manage account screen.
5. Select “An Apple A Day Wisdom” from the drop down menu (it might already be selected). Then click the “Get Affiliate Code” button.
6. On the next screen, you will see a light orange box with a bunch of HTML language.
7. You can highlight that whole box of characters and paste it anywhere HTML is accepted.
8. You may either copy and paste the entire link and use it that way –OR– you can choose to copy and paste only the URL portion to make your own link (this is the method I prefer.) To find the URL, look for the web address that lies between the two quotation marks. It will look something like this:
Buttons and Banners
I’ve provided a selection of buttons and banners for you to use on your website, blog, or social media accounts. There are two ways you can use these.
1. Right click on the desired image. Select “Save As” and save the image to your computer. Then upload the image to your blog, website, or post, linking it with your unique code. If you want to attach your affiliate link to the image so people can click the image and be taken to the sales page through your affiliate link, extract your affiliate code as described in #8 above and use this tutorial.
2. Cut the HTML code found below each image and paste it where you would like the button to appear. Just be sure to replace the YOURAFFILIATEIDHERE in each code with your unique affiliate ID.
For example, here’s how to put one of the graphics in your sidebar, you would simply:
- Upload the image to your server (self-hosted WordPress blogs) or another image host (such as Flickr or PhotoBucket for Blogger blogs). Take note of the URL of the image/file location.
- Grab a text widget (WordPress) or gadget (Blogger) for your sidebar.
- Insert the image and affliate code where the bold text is below:
<a href=”http://AffiliateLink”><img src=”http://URLofImage” /></a>
Let me know if you have questions: april (dot) patel (at) gmail (dot) com.
<a href=”http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/apatel37/?action=view&current=125×125.jpg” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/apatel37/125×125.jpg” border=”0″ alt=”Photobucket”></a>
<a href=”http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/apatel37/?action=view&current=300×250.jpg” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/apatel37/300×250.jpg” border=”0″ alt=”Photobucket”></a>
<a href=”http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/apatel37/?action=view&current=728×90.jpg” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/apatel37/728×90.jpg” border=”0″ alt=”Photobucket”></a>